Member churches of the Christian & Missionary Alliance (CMA) function within a framework of legislation that is adopted at biennial General Assemblies as well as by the Board of Directors of the CMA in Canada.
Alliance churches in Quebec are part of the St Lawrence District of the Christian & Missionary Alliance which is one of 6 administrative and geographic regions of the C&MA in Canada. The territory of the St Lawrence District is the Province of Quebec and its main administrative office, called the Alliance Ministry Centre, is located in Montreal.
Every 2 years CMA churches in Quebec send delegates to the District Conference, which is also known as the Meeting at the Summit.
The Conference objectives are the following:
1. Celebrate God's faithfulness
2. Listen to God's voice for the future
3. Address District business issues
At the conference, the 8 members of the District Executive Network (previously called the District Executive Committee - Dexcom), are elected to a 2 year term. It is the members of the District Executive Network, along with the District Superintendent, who manage District business between conferences.
Members of the District Executif Network are:
- RÃ©v. Francis Pearson, president
- RÃ©v. Michel Houle, vice-president
- RÃ©v. DÃ©sirÃ© Mounanga, secretary
- M. Serge Roy, treasurer
- Mme Thuc Linh (Lucie) Duong, member
- Rev. Michael Gagnon, member
- M. Jean-Marc NoÃ«l, member
- Mme Judith Schroeder-Tabah, member
- M. Thanh Son (Joel) Uong, member
Local churches are governed by the Local Church Constitution. Each local church can adopt local bylaws, as long as they are not in conflict with the Local Church Constitution. These bylaws are to be approved by the District Executive Network.